3 large potatoes cut into chunks
2.5 lbs of oxtails
3 Thinly Sliced Onions
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 black cardamom pod
1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 chopped tomato
5 peeled garlic cloves
1 Cup of water
1 chili pepper (optional)
1. Heat your instant pot to saute with your cooking oil. Then, add your onions. Then add about a teaspoon of salt. You want to draw the water out. Cook the onions until brown.
2. Add your spices. Crush the black cardamom pod into large pieces.
3. Add your oxtails, and stir to cover the oxtails with all spices and onions. Brown well.
4. Add your tomato and garlic. (hot pepper optional)
5. Add your water. You must have the water to create the pressure in the Instant Pot.
6. This is a two-step pressure cooker recipe. Your oxtail will take much longer than the potatoes.
7. Pressure cook for 30 minutes.
8. Next, add your potatoes. Cover again and pressure cook for another 30 minutes. Salt and pepper as needed before serving.
Keywords: instant pot oxtail instant pot recipe