Kishmish Paneer is a simple cheese and raisin dish that is simple, delicious, and loved by Afghans.
4 Cups Mlik
Sieve and fine cheesecloth
2 Tablespoons of Vinegar
Fresh Afghan kishmish (raisins), and nuts to serve with
1. Pour your milk into a saucepan and slowly bring to a boil.
2. You will slowly start to see a ring of small bubbles form around the edge of your milk. Stir occasionally.
3. Turn off the heat and add vinegar When the milk reaches a boil. Your milk should almost immediately curdle.
4. Once your milk curdles, set aside and set up your fine cheesecloth over a bowl. Dump your cheese (and now separated whey) over the cheesecloth. The cheese will stay in the cloth, and the whey will gather in the bowl. Slowly drain the whey from the cheese and press it into the desired shape. Voila, cheese! Let sit in the fridge overnight.
5. Serve on a pretty dish with Afghan kishmish (raisins). You could add nuts and mulberries if you wish.
Goes great with some Afghan green tea.