This lemon cake is easy, tasty, and moist. The cardamom and pistachios give a true Afghan vibe.
1/2 Cup butter (soft)
3/4 Cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 1/2 Cup flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup milk
t tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine butter, sugar, and lemon zest. Cream for about 2 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time. whisk.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, cornstarch, and cardamom.
5. Next, mix lemon juice, milk, and vanilla.
6. Add flour, stir, then add milk, stir. Then add flour, stir.
7. Next, stir in sour cream and mix until combined. Do not overmix. Overmixing can ruin a great cake.
8. Grease your pan, well.
9. Next, bake for 30-35 minutes. Use the toothpick method. If you can put a toothpick in the cake and it comes out clean, it is done.
10. Allow the cake to cool in a pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cake plate. Then, let cool for another 10 minutes. After that, sprinkle with powdered sugar and pistachios.