This eggplant dip is healthy, savory, easy, and delicious. Roast it up.
2 Large Eggplant
1 Large Onion
1 Head of Garlic
Generous Amount of Olive Oil
Salt to Taste
1 1/2 Cup Yogurt
1 Teaspoon of Dill
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Sumac
1 Lemon (juice)
1. Cover Baking Sheet in Oil
2. Cut Tomatoes in half, and place cut-side down on baking sheet
3. Take Eggplant, cut them in half, and score them. Cover in olive oil and salt. Place skin-side down on cookie sheet.
4. Next take your onion, cut in half, and drizzle w/ oil and salt.
5. Finally, take your head of garlic, cut the top off, and drizzle with oil and salt.
6. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then place veggies in the oven for 20 minutes, take out and flip, and then 20 more minutes. They should be good and soft.
7. Now, prepare your yogurt sauce base. Take your yogurt and add salt, dill, sumac, and lemon juice. Stir.
8. Take your roasted veggies, put them all in a food processor and blend them thoroughly.
9. Scoop the blended veggies into your yogurt mixture and stir.
10. Serve with warm naan or pita chips.
This dip is served best with naan made from our simple bread recipe.