Do you like eggplant? If so, you’re going to love this eggplant dip recipe! Eggplant is a delicious vegetable that can be used in a variety of dishes. This dip is creamy, savory, and healthy. It’s perfect for serving as a snack or appetizer. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to make some Eggplant Dip!
Eggplant is Healthy.
Eggplant is a low-calorie food that is high in fiber and antioxidants. It’s also a good source of vitamins C and B. Eggplant helps to promote heart health, improve digestion, and prevent cancer.
These Roasted Vegetables are the Key to a Delicious Eggplant Dip Recipe
Roasting vegetables is a great way to cook them. It brings out their natural sweetness and makes them more tender. Roasting also helps to retain nutrients. Eggplant is no exception! When you roast eggplant, it becomes softer and easier to eat. Plus, it’s a healthy way to cook your food.
Throw in some roasted tomatoes, onions, and garlic and you have a eye-dropping dip on the way.
What to learn something cool? Check out our exclusive recipe for Afghan Nachos.
Now, the Eggplant Dip Recipe
See below for our easily print-able recipe card for the eggplant dip.
We also have a wonderful non-spammy Afghan Cooks Club. Sign up for that too!
Want Secret Recipes? News Updates?
Subscribe to our Afghan Cooks Club now. (free secret recipe for signing up)
This eggplant dip is healthy, savory, easy, and delicious. Roast it up.
2 Large Eggplant
1 Large Onion
1 Head of Garlic
Generous Amount of Olive Oil
Salt to Taste
1 1/2 Cup Yogurt
1 Teaspoon of Dill
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Sumac
1 Lemon (juice)
1. Cover Baking Sheet in Oil
2. Cut Tomatoes in half, and place cut-side down on baking sheet
3. Take Eggplant, cut them in half, and score them. Cover in olive oil and salt. Place skin-side down on cookie sheet.
4. Next take your onion, cut in half, and drizzle w/ oil and salt.
5. Finally, take your head of garlic, cut the top off, and drizzle with oil and salt.
6. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then place veggies in the oven for 20 minutes, take out and flip, and then 20 more minutes. They should be good and soft.
7. Now, prepare your yogurt sauce base. Take your yogurt and add salt, dill, sumac, and lemon juice. Stir.
8. Take your roasted veggies, put them all in a food processor and blend them thoroughly.
9. Scoop the blended veggies into your yogurt mixture and stir.
10. Serve with warm naan or pita chips.
This dip is served best with naan made from our simple bread recipe.