This ginger ale recipe is perfect after a long day, whether you are fasting or not. Everyone loves a homemade drink and this one is not only tasty, it is beautiful.
1 Cup Water
1/2 Large Ginger Root (sliced)
1/4 Cup Sugar
Juice of one Large LIme
1 Liter Club Soda
A few fronds of Saffron
1. Take your water and add sugar. Dizzle in water. We are making a sugar syrup.
2. Then, add your finely sliced ginger.
3. Add zest of one lime. Let this come up to simmer, and steep for about 20 minutes at least.
4. Strain syrup water into large pitcher with ice.
5. Add lime juice to strained liquid. Then add your saffron.
6. Let sit with safron for a few moments and stir to get golden color.
This recipe would be great paired with some of our lamb on the grill.