2 Lbs Ground Meat
2 Teaspoons Paprika
2 Teaspoons Sumac
2 Onions (food processed)
1/2 Bunch parsley and dill (parsley great too)
2 Teaspoons of Cumin
2 Tablespoons Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tablespoon Coriander
1 Teaspoon Tumeric
Garam Masala (optional)
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1 Small Onion
1. Get our your food processor. Next, add your onions, green herbs (dill, cilantro, parsley, whatever you have), and then food process until fine.
2. Next, add your meat into the food processor and food process the mixture with the meat added.
3. Remove mixture from the food processor and place into a bowl. Add all of your spices and blend with your hands.
4. Next, grease cookie sheet and make your meatballs. (quick trick, fill bowl with water and put water on hands. this will help them from sticking to your hands)
5. Cook meatballs in 425 degree oven for 20 minutes.
6. Next, make your sauce. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to your pot.
7. Add 1/4 Cup of chopped onion, 3 chopped tomatoes 1 teaspoon of sumac, and 1 teaspoon of cumin. Let cook down. You can check the tomatoes absorb the oil and then after they cook the oil will release again. Mush your tomatoes as your continue to cook them.
8. Next, add about two tablespoons of tomato paste. Stir thoroughly.
9. After that, add your water. Add about 2 1/2 Cups of water. Allow this to come up to boil. Add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar and black pepper. Allow sauce to simmer and reduce slightly.
10. Now, add meatballs into sauce. Allow simmering in the sauce. Some like to par-cook their meatballs and finish in the sauce. Cook to your preference.
11. Serve with our Afghan white rice.