This Afghan beef ghorma recipe is the ultimate cold-weather comfort food. Try this Afghan version of beef stew.
2 lbs Chuck Roast (or other roast meat, trimmed)
1 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
4 cloves garlic
1 bouillon cube
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 Teaspoons of cumin
2 teaspoons of coriander
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1 Cup Warm Water
1. Turn Instant Pot on saute. Then, add cooking oil.
2. Saute onions. Let them cook down. Then, add your garlic.
3. Next, you will add your spices: cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, and salt.
4. After that, add your meat and brown thoroughly. You want to cover the meat in spices and onion and garlic.
5. Next, add your potatoes. Cover in 1 Cup of hot water and add the bouillon cube.
6. Set your Instant Pot for 30 minutes or cook in your pressure cooker until tender.