The chicken kabob salad recipe is here!
It is summertime, and we all reach for the standard grilled chicken salad, don’t we? But let’s be honest, it is usually not that tasty, right?
Dry and flavorless, it seems more of a punishment than anything.
I have a cure for what ails you. Using Afghan spices, my chicken kabob salad will make your next salad not feel like such a punishment.
Keys to success for a good grilled chicken salad
The first key is flavor. You need to marinade and spice it up to get a good taste. This recipe uses fat-free yogurt and delicious spices to keep the calories down and the tastiness up.
The worst part of a bad grilled chicken salad is that the chicken is cooked for four days with no spice. It’s honestly a choking hazard.
The second key is excellent dressing. You can easily ruin a calorie count with a heavily oiled dressing. Our yogurt dressing is low fat and packed with flavor.
You can have a healthy, flavorful salad if you are smart about it.
Looking for an interesting recipe idea? Try our Afghan Nachos.
This Chicken Kabob Recipe is Below
As always, you can quickly print out our recipe.
Have any ideas for changes to the recipe? Let me know by leaving a comment.
One of the main keys is to allow time for your chicken to marinate in the sauce. Don’t cut yourself short there.
We also have a wonderful non-spammy Afghan Cooks Club. Sign up for that too!
Want Secret Recipes? News Updates?
Subscribe to our Afghan Cooks Club now. (free secret recipe for signing up)
Afghan dopiaza is a classic dish made with onions “two ways.”
2.5 pounds of bone-in meat (lamb, beef, or goat)
2 Tablespoons of cooking oil.
4 Large Onions
2 Cups of Split Lentils (yellow is traditional)
3 Garlic Cloves Crushed
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Tumeric
Ground Black Pepper
4 Cups of Water
1. First, prepare your onions. Slice the onions very thin. Take half and set them aside. Take the other half and soak it in white vinegar for quick pickling.
2. Next, heat your pressure cooker so that you can saute. Add your cooking oil. Saute the onions until soft.
3. While the onions soften, simmer your lentil until soft in a different pot.
4. Add your crushed garlic cloves to the pressure cooker, and add your meat.
5. Now add some simple spices. The focus of the flavor is the meat and onions. Add your salt, pepper, and tumeric.
6. Then pour your 4 Cups of water over the meat. Stir.
7. Cook in your Instant Pot on high pressure, meat, and for 30 minutes.
8. For the base, you want to lay some thin bread over your platter. Then, spoon your meat. Add your cooked lentils over it and then, finally, add your pickled onions.
Goes great with some Afghan bread.
This chicken kabob salad will be the best-grilled chicken salad you’ve ever tasted.
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon coriander
1 Cup low fat yogurt
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Cup low fat yogurt plain
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 Roasted garlic cloves
1 tablespoon lemon juice
one handful of dried mint
1/4 Teaspoon of salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Sumac
Salad Ingredients – Use whatever you like for your salad.
1. Toast your cumin and coriander. Grind in mortar and pestle.
2. Next, make marinade. Mix yogurt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, tumeric, paprika, garam masala, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Now add two teaspoons of the toasted cumin coriander mixture to the marinade. Add your chicken, wrap, and let marinade at least an hour.
4. Next, grill your chicken. Add a little oil to pan and grill chicken.
5. After that make your dressing. To your blender add yogurt, mayo, garlic, lemon juice, mint, salt, and sumac.
6. Last, make a salad to your liking. I always use whatever veggies I have in my house.
7. Add grilled chicken to your salad, cover with homemade dressing.
This salad goes well with a piece of our homemade naan recipe.